Announcement from the City of Red Deer: NEW ENERGYWISE PROGRAM
We are pleased to inform you of the new EnergyWise Program for residents! This program teaches Red Deerians simple, affordable ways to reduce energy use in their homes by providing them with the education, tools and resources. Participants attend a workshop and leave with a take-home kit to implement their learnings. There is no cost to participate.
Being energy efficient means using less electricity or natural gas than we normally do. The benefits of being energy efficient include:
- Comfort – your home stays warm in the winter, cool in the summer and is free of cold spots and drafts.
- Health and safety – good air circulation helps prevent humidity and condensation from building up.
- Environmental stewardship – using less energy helps improve air quality and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
– Live in the city of Red Deer.
– If renting, ask their landlord if they have permission to make energy efficiency installations.
– Attend one 3.5 hour workshop (a meal will be provided).
Click on the EnergyWise Program link above for more information or call Katina Tam at 403-314-5904 at the City of Red Deer.