Music programs at the Circle are greatly enjoyed, and are popular amongst many of our members.
See below for a description of some of the music programs we host here at the Circle.
The Golden Circle Singers
Music lovers join the chorus. Entertain at nursing homes, hospitals, etc. Mondays at 1:30 pm. Runs from September to May. No practice during the summer months. Contact Ann Rust @ (403) – 356-2119 for further information.
Join us the second Tuesday Afternoon of each month, starting Tuesday November 12, 2019 from 1:00PM to 3:00PM
Bring an instrument and enjoy an afternoon of great music, and perhaps a little dancing if you like.
Coffee served, $1 drop in fee applies.
Group Guitar Lessons
- Have you ever wanted to learn how to play the guitar? If so we may be able to get you started. Learn everything you need to get started with one or more of our winter 2020 classes,
- Fridays beginning February 21, 2020, until March 27, 2020 for WINTER Session.
- Spring 2020 session begins Friday April 17, 2020 and goes until Friday May 22, 2020
- Beginner Level, 6 week class – Fridays beginning February 21, 2020, until March 27, 2020 from 9:00am to 10:00am. Cost is just $75 per person for this 6 week class, for members, or $105 per person for non-members. This course focuses on starting right from the beginning of playing. Learn how to tune a guitar, get basic knowledge of guitars, learn major chords, strumming patterns, and transitions from chord to chord. Your instructor is Jeremy Doody.
- Intermediate Level, 6 week course – Fridays beginning February 21, 2020, until March 27, 2020 from 10:15 am to 11:15 pm. Cost is only $75 per person for members, or $105 per person for non-members. This course focuses on refining your playing, transitioning from chord to chord with strumming patterns, minor chords, building chord progressions, and new strumming patterns. Your instructor is Jeremy Doody.
- Song Level, 6 week course – Fridays beginning February 21, 2020, until March 27, 2020 from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm. Cost is just $75 per person for members, or $105 per person for non-members. This course will focus on learning how to play your favorite songs. Your instructor is Jeremy Doody.
- Instructor: Jeremy Doody has his Bachelor of Music from the U of A, taught for 8 years with the RDC music program, busiest working musician in Red Deer doing over 100 shows a year, plays with the Klamdaggers Band, is Red Deer’s cover Band for 2 years in a row, attended Grant MacEwan Jazz Program for 3 years, singer songwriter and more.
Harmonica Lessons for Beginners
- Cost is just $20 per person for members, or $30 per person for non-members, for 4 sessions.
- For this course you will need a 10 hole Key of “C” harmonica. Harmonicas are available for purchase upon request, and cost $15 each.
- Please bring a notepad and pen to class
- Classes start on Tuesday February 4, and run until Tuesday February 25, 2020.